Flexible Expert Experience
Automation refers to a level of assistance through mechanical and or electrical equipment to usually assemble or process a product. From simple fixtures, for assembly or leak testing, through semi-automated attended processes, to full ‘lights out’ automation, your dedicated automation project manager will be able to independently advise you on all the available options, costs, timescales, challenges and the associated benefits that automation can bring.
At Automa8, we offer a flexible service that dovetails perfectly with your existing resources and skills set. We work closely with all of our clients, agreeing time-plans, responsibilities and work loads. Also, where appropriate, we challenge in-house assumptions and practices in order to facilitate the decision making process.
Supplier Selection & Budgeting
Often ‘off the shelf’ automation equipment will not be sufficient to meet your businesses specific demands. Budgeting for automation therefore usually involves inviting potential suppliers to tender for your project – a process that is often viewed as both daunting and time consuming.
An independent automation project manager from Automa8 can help this process by:
- Advising on likely budgetary impact: Our project managers used to be ‘in the business’ and know how supplier prices are calculated
- Providing a shortlist of suitably experienced suppliers: We know automation; we know who does what, well. We know how big they are and who they have supplied. We have insight from customers with good feedback and we visit suppliers regularly to keep up to date with what they are doing
- Working with you to develop and circulate a succinct specification that includes all the information that your potential suppliers need and expect in order to deliver a detailed and accurate response to your brief
- Assisting with supplier meeting preparation: Your automation project manager will outline what to expect during supplier presentations, identifying which questions need to be answered and the key factors that will indicate the perfect supplier
- Evaluating supplier proposals and providing valuable feedback / recommendation: We know the difference between the ‘must haves’ and can also advise what effects the ‘nice to haves’ actually do have.